Welcome to Inspired by Coaching.
I’m Rachel Martin. I live in York and I'm married with two young girls. Amongst my hobbies I particularly enjoy spending time with family and friends, learning and running. As your coach, I want to share with you more about my knowledge, skills and expertise.
Why choose me as your coach?
Coaching Knowledge and Expertise:
- Having establised ‘Inspired By Coaching’, it allows me the opportunity to coach others which is particularly rewarding. I also work with organisations to enhance individual and team performance.
- I enjoy teaching others about coaching, as part of a Foundation Degree at the University of Hull.
- I am a highly qualified coach and have an MSc Personal and Corporate Coaching (with Distinction) from the University of Hull.
- I enjoy mentoring and have recently been a voluntary mentor for the Accord Mentoring Scheme, North Yorkshire. I currently mentor for Barnardos on a voluntary basis.
- I take my role as a coach very seriously and regularly attend coaching workshops, networking groups and supervision. This ensures that I keep learning and that my coaching standards are consistently high.
Background: For 10 years, I worked in management for a national retailer. I took a short career break to have children. I then decided to change direction and retrained to become an adult tutor. I have been teaching adults for over 7 years and work for the University of Hull. ‘Inspired by Coaching’ has now been established for two years and I now combine two careers – one of personal coach and tutor.
The Power of Setting Goals: The foundation of coaching is setting personal goals. I first became interested in coaching after firsthand experience of the power of goals. I committed to running the London Marathon within a four month period (having previously run only 5km). I did it! The experience proved to me that goals can have a profound effect on increasing motivation and enhancing performance.
Lee (Pharmaceutical Sales Executive)
I have received regular one to one coaching sessions with Rachel and found her professional and empathic approach to be very supportive and forward thinking. It has enabled me to make significant progress on a number of both personal and work based goals and would highly recommend her.
2013. New Year. New You!
Personal coaching is the perfect opportunity to start 2013. Identify what you want and what is really important to you. Personal coaching will ensure that your New Year resolutions do happen and bring about sustained change in your life.